The Anglican Youth Fellowship (AYF) of the church was constituted on the 7th of May 2017, the very first Sunday after the dedication of the church. This was at the instance of the Vicar who said he wanted all the arms of the church to take off immediately.
The fellowship with the help of the AYF President of St. Matthews Anglican Church Gwarinpa who were our direct supervisor at the time came up with an interim executive members to pilot the affairs of the youths.
The pioneer exco members were:
Leader - Bro Chinedu Ogboo
Assist Leader - Sis Ugochi Ruth
Secretary - Sis Chioma Ndukauba
We later replaced Sis Ugochi Ruth who relocated from Gwarimpa with Sis Blessing Ifemenam as the Assistant Leader. Sis Onyinye Oluwuihe was adopted to function as the Assistant Secretary. Also adopted to support the team were Bro Chiedoziem Ugwuja, Bro Austin Ezejiofor, Bro Emmanuel Okere, Bro Olujide Olusola, and Bro Kelechi Omeire.
This team led the Fellowship till 20th of March, 2018 when a formal election into different positions were organised by the Archdeaconry Excos Led by Bro Kingsley Ubaka. The current exco members of St. Philip’s Anglican Youth Fellowship (AYF) by virtue of that election are:
1. President – Chinedu Ogboo
2. Vice President – Blessing Ifemenam
3. Secretary – Onyinye Oluwuihe
4. Asst. Secretary – Kennet Tejiri
5. Financial Secretary – Obinna Okeke
6. Treasurer – Chiedoziem Ugwuja
7. Prayer Coordinator – Pending
8. Welfare Male – Nathan Kyanchat
9. Welfare Female – Tobi Fredrick
10. Sister’s Coordinator – Gold Ajiere
11. PRO/Sports Coordinator – Emmanuel Okere
12. Youth Star Coordinator – OluJide Olusola
13. Provost Male – Oluwatobiloba Oyekunle
14. Provost Female - Kelechi Ezejiuba
15. Drama Coordinator – Adsesola Adebayo
Aims and Objectives
• The aim of the Fellowship is to foster stability and love amongst the entire members and man-kind.
• To serve the LORD in one spirit and promoting the work of God
• To put in the youth the act of self-discipline, selfless service and social justice in a bid to encourage the youth to live an exemplary and god-fearing life.
• To propagate the gospel of our LORD Jesus Christ through evangelism.
Project for 2018:
This year God helping us we intend to go steps ahead in impacting lives in and around the church. Our theme for the year says *I MUST BE ABOUT MY FATHER’S BUSINESS* LK 2:49.
With this, we aspire to touch lives evangelically through diverse programs and activities which includes: Outreaches, visitations, Bible conferences and fellowships. We therefore call on all the youths of this church to join the Anglican Youth Fellowship and together we will make kingdom exploits for God.